Lead Product Designer
We are the UK’s number one keyholding and alarm response specialist, using technology and data to solve complex challenges in order to keep people, their property and their products safe.
We are looking for an experienced Product Designer to join our team and establish Product Design as a function, to take our existing products from functional to lovable and lead on exciting products that we are launching in 2022.
As well as being a highly competent designer to get stuck in with user research and product design, you will need to have a strong desire to lead, coach and think strategically to be successful in this role.
You’ll report into the Product Director and will have the autonomy to set up and run the design function based on your own extensive knowledge. You will also initially have one direct report to support you in delivering fantastic user experiences and interfaces. We’re a highly collaborative business and so you’ll work closely with the Product, Technology, Business and Strategy teams. You will have a high level of input in to both the product strategy and delivery, using your knowledge to identify improvement opportunities and create data and customer-led solutions that help us leave our competitors in the dust.
- Excellent salary of £60,000-£70,000 per annum.
- Fulltime, permanent, and flexible working basis (ability to work from home but must have the flexibility to travel into our Farringdon HQ when/if required).
- We offer internal training and development opportunities in an excellent working environment.
- Auto-enrolment into our company pension scheme and staff discounts on several retail stores, restaurants, travel companies, and much more.
- Opportunity to make a real difference in a position of real responsibility!
- Be the leader and the face of design practices within the business, coaching the leadership team on best practice and the benefits of a customer-led approach.
- Establishing Product Design as a function within the business, ensuring it is embedded in our product development process and is informed by design knowledge, user needs and data.
- Understand the company’s mission and product strategy across both Security and Care.
- Provide the ‘human’ side to product development by identifying and focussing on customer needs.
- Partner with the product team on product discovery, including leading on research yourself.
- Conduct design thinking, ideation, and feature definition workshops with the team and with select clients and partners.
- Create a design approach for our existing, and future, product ecosystem.
- Create mock-ups, wireframes and prototypes for our website and apps.
- Ensure our products solve customer problems and form a cohesive ecosystem as we expand our product and feature set.
- You’re excited about the prospect of establish Product Design as a function within the business and want to make a difference through the products that you create.
- Experience and knowledge of both UX and UI concepts including interaction design, prototyping and information architecture.
- You have both web and app design experience.
- You’re confident leading user research and product discovery.
- You’re comfortable with tools such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, Zeplin and InVision (we currently use Figma & InVision, but you would be able to influence the tools we use).
- You have experience creating design guidelines and style guides.
- You’re proficient with A/B testing.
- Experience working with non-linear user experiences.
- Ability to use Google Analytics and Power BI.
- Experience at a scaling business.
- Experience setting up a team and its design principles.
- Experience writing copy for apps and websites.